Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow, Ice, Shadow Boxes, and Baby Layla!!!

Calling all blog followers!!! Good morning! I had a chance to upload a few pictures last night, so I thought I would send out a hello and tell you what is going on in the Nash world these days!!! Carter Lane is just growing and growing! I can't believe that in just 4 days my baby boy will be 20 months old!!! 20?!?!?!?!?!?!?! We aren't even in the teens anymore! How sad! Can we PLEASE invent a time capsule or learn how to freeze time at least???

Speaking of freezing... Rome got a little bit of snow last week which was lots of fun for those of us who NEVER see white! It was more ice than snow, but schools were closed for a couple of days and my office closed on Friday, which meant I had 2 long weekends in a row with MLK day being this past Monday. Needless to say, I've had a chance to spend some great quality time just Carter and I and we have had a blast!!! I've posted a few pictures below of the "damage" (yeah right) that Rome got with the ice and snow...


Isn't he just BEAUTIFUL!!! He loved being outside in the snow!


Mazzie and Poppie's lake froze over... we had to visit to see how cool it looked!


A picture of me and my little man... I was FREEZING!!!


Chip and Carter at the lake! This was right when the snow started falling, so there wasn't much on the ground yet.


The next morning, we woke up and noticed that the snow was starting to disappear. So, I bundled my little bundle of joy up and we went for a 4-wheeler ride in the front yard and even made a snowman!


Carter enjoying his ride!


Our snow man... Carter's first ever snowman! and Guess what... It's STILL in my freezer! haha! I couldn't EVEN think about letting him melt!!!
Now, let's put things in perspective... Our snowman wasn't as big as maybe you are thinking.... In the picture below, he is standing beside Carter on the ground to the left... See if you can find him!!!

See how small he is now???? HAHA!

Hope you enjoyed the above pictures!!! Now, something that I wanted to share with several of you family that are close to Daddy. For Christmas this year, I did the best I have ever done on Dad's gift... He's extremely hard to buy for and I racked my brain on something creative to do. Growing up, I don't feel that daddy's service time in the military has ever been recognized as much as it should have been. Therefore, I wanted to do something to acknowledge his service and to let him know that "I care and appreciate". So, with the help of mom, we rounded up his service uniforms, certificates, and pictures and I had some shadowboxes made of his stuff. A man that I work with has a contract with the military and makes these as a side job. Needless to say, he does BEAUTIFUL work. I was so pleased with the outcome and Daddy was absolutely speechless when he received his gifts. I have never done as good as I did this year, nor will I ever be able to top it! As you will see below, there is a picture of a shadow box containing a flag. The flag was flown in honor of daddy at the United States Reserve center at the beginning of December. It flew from Friday afternoon until Monday morning. Enjoy the pictures below of his Christmas present!!!
This box contains his uniform shirt, his Airborne Certificate, a picture of his division, and the button from one of his uniform hats.


This box contains his buret that he earned for I believe jump school. This piece is his favorite piece of all of his military items.

This box contains a uniform hat, a picture of daddy in uniform, his airborne certificate, a picture of his division, and the flag that flew in his honor.
I thought those of you that were close to daddy would like to see those items!
Lastly, new life has arrived! Our friend Chuck and Corley Youngblood had their baby yesterday, on Chuck's birthday! We are so excited that baby Layla Grey Youngblood is here! She and Mommy are both healthy! We can't wait to watch Layla grow and look forward to spending time with her! Congrats Chuck and Corley! She is BEAUTIFUL!!!


Layla Grey Youngblood. 6lbs 15 oz, 19.5 in long. 1/21/10, 2:27pm.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the shadow boxes for your Daddy! I don't think I ever knew he was in the service. Or maybe I did and just forgot. You know how I forget things...

    Speaking of, be glad that I forgot to text you this past weekend for a play date. If we would've gotten together, y'all would've gotten our bug! I woke up EARLY Sunday morning and didn't stop puking, etc. until EARLY Monday morning. It was exactly 24 hours! Mom got it Monday morning, and the same happened to her. It was deathly, or at least it felt like it was.

    We'll see y'all soon, and we love y'all very much!

    ReplyDelete