Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Dah-ling!!!!

"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Back in 1989, I entered the world of Kindergarten, never knowing that I walked into a room where a lifelong friend awaited me. From that point on, I have loved every part of this friend. I love the fact that she cried for me on her first day of first grade when we found each other to be in different classrooms. I love remembering times such as our bicycle trips around the neighborhood to collect our "murder clues" and playing detective (I wonder if anyone ever solved that case anyway? hahaha). I love looking back on the memory of wiping boogers into the electrical outlet in 4th grade while sitting in the bean bag chairs because we were the "good kids" in class....if Mrs. Farrer only knew!!! haha! I love that in highschool during the summer we embraced our entrepreneur side and started a company called "funky flops"...and then the "company" flopped!!! I love our late night trips to Krystal and mom riding with us in the wee hours of the morning to Cedartown Walmart in her bra! haha! I love that we got in trouble by the police in high school on Spring Break....oh how we thought our lives were ending that night! I could go on and on... But to sum it all up.... I LOVE CANDI COLE. Every piece of our relationship, negative and positive, I have loved. Whether we were laughing, crying, getting in trouble, or having a blast...it's been PERFECT. She's my friend and I love her! More than any other part of our friendship, my favorite love however, is the fact that we have now embarked on the journey of being Mommy's together. We are now raising our babies to be the best of friends just like we have forever been...
Happy Birthday Candi!!!
Goofy
Real
Ecstatic
Artistic
Trustworthy


Fashionable
Risky
Imaginable
Extremely cool
Nuts
Dedicated
Now, in "Candi-Fashion", read the first letter of every word above going down.... Whataya get? "GREAT FRIEND"....and TODAY is my GREAT FRIEND'S birthday! Happy 26th birthday my sweet Candi! You will never know just how much you mean to me! You are the COOLEST person that I know.... An AWESOME Mother with an AWESOME daughter! I love you to pieces gal and I hope your 26th is the best ever!!! Happy day my friend!
"It takes a long time to grow an old friend"

1 comment:

  1. AHHHHH! You're the sweetest best friend EVER. I LOVE this! Needless to say, you brought tears to my eyes. Our friendship means to much to me, and I'm so thankful that we're continuing to embark on this journey of our friendship and now have two Mini-Me versions in tow. I love you and your family SO very much, and I can't WAIT to see ya'll Saturday!

    P.S. I'm now laughing thinking about all of those memories that you brought up. "Whatcha got there?" Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete